MailChimp – A Useful Email Marketing Tool
MailChimp – Email Marketing Tool
So you are thinking about attracting some new customers or need to update your existing subscribers on company news such as that fabulous new product on the market. Well, MailChimp’s email marketing tool has the solution!
MailChimp is a powerful free tool for anyone who sells something online designed “for the DIY power user” to build their customer base; activating their business plan. MailChimp supports “more than 3 million people in 200 countries who use MailChimp to create, send, and track email newsletters”.
Why use MailChimp Email Marketing?
- Measures email marketing campaign effectiveness and return on time invested.
- Cost effective – Email marketing campaign can be sent to entire customer base.
- Integrates with many third party applications including Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Pinterest, Instagram, SurveyMonkey, Eventbrite, Etsy, Salesforce, WordPress, Magento, Joomla, Drupal and Google Analytics.
- Integrates with Cloud Services.
- Personalises email – Email templates are designed to fit organisational requirements.
- Optimises long term organisational goals.
- Builds customer leads online and converts them to sales.
- Wins online customer advocates.
Why measure Email Marketing campaign success?
- Determines return on digital investment.
- Determines percentage campaign profit.
- Maximises campaign results.
- Optimises key performance indicators.
How do we measure campaign success?
- MailChimp’s analytics.
What does MailChimp Analytics do?
- Helps answer essential business questions measuring campaign success.
What essential business questions does MailChimp answer?
- How much should be spent to gain a new customer?
- How much will the average customer spend over a specific period?
- What percentage of revenue is from new customers versus existing ones?
- Which types of email campaigns make the most money over time?
- How many repeat customers can be generated?
How do I get started?
- Before getting started click into www.mailchimp.com and create your user account where you can access training material.
- Here is a link to kick-start your email campaign with MailChimp: http://mailchimp.com/support/getting-started/collect-subscribers-and-build-your-list
MailChimp’s Key Business Solution
MailChimp can be used to share or add subscriber information and notifications with cloud services and many customer relationship management applications. MailChimp users can sign up to: CloudWork.com
“CloudWork lets small businesses connect their business and social media apps to automate key tasks and processes, all without requiring big upfront investments or technical expertise”.
MailChimp retail users have seen “70% increases in profit” with cloud integration.
Other essential features on MailChimp include:
- Interactive Graphics indicating how many emails a MailChimp user mailed and what percentage of people opened the mails sent.
- Click Tracking can allow for visibility of your list growth in a HTML chart format. MailChimp allows you to track engagement by country so that you can find out where a person opens their mail.
- Email Bounce Rates can be detected and reasons for unopened mails; this will allow for deletion of subscribers from your email list. In addition tracking of people who unsubscribe from your email list can also be pinpointed so that unnecessary emailing is discontinued.
- Campaign effectiveness can be compared with your competitors in the same industry by using MailChimp analytics.
- Subscriber Activity Reports give real‑time reports for every subscriber’s email activities i.e. when mails are opened, what they clicked, and when they responded. You can even generate a list of people who didn’t open the campaign, and send them a modified campaign. Special reports can also be tailored for your clients or co-workers.
- The Click Maps tool helps you to figure out what attracts customers to click on your mails. Are your readers’ clicks mostly near the top? Do they like pictures or text links better? You can learn from your subscribers’ habits to serve them at optimum levels.
- Ecommerce360 allows you to detect which customers made a purchase and the type of purchase after opening your campaign.
- Eventbrite360 allows for tracking of invitations and tickets sold with Eventbrite, and subsequent measurement of ticket amounts sold and who bought them.
- Printable Reports can be printed for your clients so that they can see how well their campaigns are doing.
- The Analytics 360 module allows you to pull stats from your website traffic tools directly into your campaign reports page. Analyse ROI, revenue created and completed goals.
Essentially MailChimp allows your organisation to create personalised email campaigns reaching a valuable audience; creating optimum response rates, customer loyalty, and strengthening advocacy for your product.
Wouldn’t you agree that this is a Power Tool for marketing success to build your business online?
Posted on March 8, 2013, in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Digital Marketing, Email Marketing and tagged Buisness online tools, customer relationship management, email campaigns, MailChimp Email Marketing, marketing success, Targeted Email Marketing. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.